As part of the Login Enterprise 5.2 release, data Providers were introduced as a way to collect information, via an API, for active user counts within existing Azure Virtual Desktop Environments. This data is used to populate the Operations Dashboard introduced in 5.0.
Create a Provider
To create a Provider, navigate to the Provider title under "Configuration." Select "Add new Azure provider."
Enter a name and optionally a description for this Provider.
After creating a managed application identity within your organization's Azure Active Directory, you will need to enter the following information to successfully integrate the service:
- Tenant ID: the unique ID of your organization's Azure Active Directory instance
- Application Registration ID: the unique ID of your managed application identity within Azure. This is found under the "App Registrations" service in the Azure Portal.
- Application Secret: when creating your application identity, you will assign a secret. This is used to authenticate the Login Enterprise application identity with your Azure Active Directory.
Click "Save" to create your Azure provider object.
Connecting your Provider with an Environment
Once a Provider has been created, it can be attached to an Environment to generate accurate active user data to populate the Operations Dashboard.
You will need to provide the following information, found within your organization's Azure Portal:
- Resource Group: the name of the Azure resource group containing your AVD Host Pool
- Host Pool: the name of the AVD Host Pool that data should be retrieved from
For more information on creating Environments, see this article.