Note: The users needs to be created in Active Directory the an AD administrator. Login Enterprise does not create the users automatically for you.
This section we will have a look at how to add the virtual user and creating groups, that Login Enterprise will use to measure the various activities you configured in the Manage Tests section.
Virtual User Accounts
- Click the Add new account button
- Enter the username of your choice
- Enter the password of your choice
- Specify the domain of the user account
- Click Save
This will create a single user account. Note that there is also an option to create multiple accounts at once. You can use the "Bulk Accounts" option for that.
The following options will be added
- Number of digits
- This will be the incremental number (eg. 01,001)
- Number of accounts
- This will be the amount of accounts that will be created.
There will be an example username generated based on the information you filled in. You can see this in the bottom left corner of the configuration screen.
With the user groups you can give particular users access to particular environments. You can choose between a filter and a selection. The difference between these two is that the selection option lets you choose accounts, the filter selection will use all accounts that match a specific filter.
To create a group follow these steps:
- Click the Add new group button.
- Choose either the filter or selection option
- Enter a group name of your choice
- Enter a description of your choice (optional)
- Click the Add user account button
- Select the user account(s) to add to the user group
- Click Add
- Click Save
When using a filter group there are two wildcards available. these are "?" and "*". The screenshot below serves as an example.
How to add a Group to an environment:
- Go to the environment page.
- Edit the environment where you want to have the user group or attached to.
- If you click on account you will see the groups that you just created.
- Select the group.
- Click Update.