After upgrading to 4.1, you may encounter a problem where the Enterprise services does not completely start up and the message "Starting services: 17 left" appears either on the appliance console or the web interface after logging in.
If you are experiencing this issue, you are most likely using a certificate that was issued by an Enterprise Certificate Authority. To resolve this issue, you'll need to import the Root CA certificate and any intermediate certificates in the trust chain to the appliance. You can do that by following the steps below:
- Use WinSCP to upload the certificate(s) to the /certificates folder
- SSH or console into the appliance
- Troubleshooting > Open Bash shell
- This step can be skipped if the certificate is already base64 encoded
- convert certificate with the following command "openssl x509 -inform DER -in /certificates/root_ca.cer -out /certificates/root_ca.crt"
- Copy the certificate (crt file extension) to the /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/ folder
- "cp /certificates/root_ca.crt /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/"
- Run the command "update-ca-certificates"
- Reboot appliance
If you are unable to resolve the issue with the provided instructions, please contact support at email@example.com