AD integration for Login PI 3 has been created to give users easy access to the Login PI 3 webinterface. There are two permission levels within Login PI 3.
- Login PI 3 Administrator
- Login PI 3 Read-Only
The Login PI 3 Administrator has full and unrestricted access to the Login PI 3 Webinterface and has the possibility to change settings and configurations.
The Login PI 3 Read-Only accounts only have the ability to view the Dashboard, Charting, Events and Export Data from the webinterface.
If you are added to both permission groups the highest permission counts, i.e. administrator permissions wins over the Read-Only permissions.
To configure Active Directory integration select "AD AUTHENTICATION" from the home page of the virtual appliance. We recommend creating a separate Login PI 3 Administrators and Login PI 3 Read-Only groups for easy access control.
The AD Authentication accepts the following inputs;
- AD Domain FQDN - FQDN of the domain we will use to authenticate against (e.g., contoso.com)
- Domain controller - The DC that is responsible for handling the requests
- Port - Port used for LDAP
- Login PI Admin Group - Group name of the users that will have administrator access to the PI web interface
- Login PI Read-Only Group - Group name of the users that will have read-only permissions to the PI web interface.
- Username - Username for the account used to make the connection. (will not be saved)
- Password - Password used for the account used to make the connection. (will not be saved)
After this has been saved, you can log out and log in with your domain account.