AD integration for Login Enterprise has been created to give users easy access to the Login Enterprise webinterface. There are two permission levels within Login Enterprise.
- Login Enterprise Administrator
- Login Enterprise Read-Only
The Login Enterprise Administrator has full and unrestricted access to the Login Enterprise webinterface and has the possibility to change settings and configurations.
The Login Enterprise Read-Only accounts only have the ability to view the Dashboard, Charting, Events and Export Data from the webinterface.
If you are added to both permission groups the highest permission counts, i.e. administrator permissions wins over the Read-Only permissions.
To configure Active Directory integration select "AD AUTHENTICATION" from the home page of the virtual appliance. We recommend creating a separate Login Enterprise Administrators and Login Enterprise Read-Only groups for easy access control.
The AD Authentication accepts the following inputs;
- AD Domain FQDN - FQDN of the domain we will use to authenticate against (e.g., contoso.com)
- Domain controller - The DC that is responsible for handling the requests
- Port - Port used for LDAP
- Login Enterprise Admin Group - Group name of the users that will have administrator access to the Enterprise web interface
- Login Enterprise Read-Only Group - Group name of the users that will have read-only permissions to the Enterprise web interface.
- Username - Username for the account used to make the connection. (will not be saved)
- Password - Password used for the account used to make the connection. (will not be saved)
After this has been saved, you can log out and log in with your domain account.