This section lets you set notification triggers for logins and applications (in seconds), so you receive an alert if any exceed the threshold.
- Click the Add new notification button
- Select one of the default Apps from the Application drop-down list
- Now select App start time in the Measurement drop-down list
- Enter the numeric value in seconds to the Threshold field (decimals are supported too, e.g., .5 seconds)
- Click Save
- You will now see the App added underneath (the enable switch is on by default)
- If Email Alerting is enabled you will be given the opportunity to setup optional parameters for email triggers.
As shown in the screenshot, you can configure to receive an email when a measurement is exceeded a specific number of times, and after a specified number of minutes. Please note that the email alerting options will only show up when you have enabled the email alerting option.
- The email will look something like this:
There is a cooldown after sending each e-mail which makes sure we don’t keep spamming these e-mail.
The cooldown is:
- identical to the timeframe configured. So 30 minutes in this case.
- Minimum 10 minutes
- Maximum 1 hour
The email alert looks like this;