This section lets you set notification triggers for logins and applications (in seconds), so you receive an alert if any exceed the threshold.
- Click the Add new notification button
- Select one of the default Apps from the Application drop-down list
- Now select App start time in the Measurement drop-down list
- Enter the numeric value in seconds to the Threshold field (decimals are supported too, e.g., .5 seconds)
- Click Save
- You will now see the App added underneath (the enable switch is on by default)
- If Email Alerting is enabled you will be given the opportunity to setup optional parameters for email triggers.
As shown in the screenshot, you can configure to receive an email when a measurement is exceeded a specific number of times, and after a specified number of minutes. Please note that the email alerting options will only show up when you have enabled the email alerting option.
- The email will look something like this:
In the title it states which environment and what went over the threshold. In the email you can find what threshold it exceeded (that which you have configured). It also states the environment, threshold time measured and the last measurement, with a percentage over threshold remark.
There is a cooldown after sending each e-mail which makes sure we don’t keep spamming these e-mail.
The cooldown is:
- identical to the timeframe configured. So 30 minutes in this case.
- Minimum 10 minutes
- Maximum 1 hour