Note if you require a license file for your evaluation please: Click here!
Once you have downloaded the OVA file, please follow the steps below to deploy the virtual Appliance via VMware vSphere / vCenter Server:
- Log in to the VMware vSphere Web Client and go to the VMs tab
- Add the Deploy OVF Template action button via the Actions dropdown list
- Then click the newly added Deploy OVF Template button
- A new window will open asking to select a template, click the Browse button then select the OVA file you received, then click Next
- Select the location where you want to deploy the virtual appliance, then click Next
- Now select the resource you want to use to run the virtual appliance, click Next
- Please review the package details, which contains advanced configuration options, then click Next to accept these options
- Now select the desired storage location from the list of datastores, then click Next
Recommended virtual disk format: Thick provision lazy zeroed
- Then select a destination network from the dropdown list for each source network, click Next
- Please review the configuration data, then click the Finish button when ready
- The system will now import and deploy the file, once completed click the Refresh button to update the system
- The Login PI 3 Appliance will now be visible in the center windowpane, select the VM and click Power On
- Once the VM is powered on, click the Open Console icon to open the VM console in a new window
You have successfully deployed the OVA template and powered on the VM! Next step, configuring the virtual appliance.
Article is closed for comments.