There is a troubleshooting graph that can be enabled named Active Sessions Over Time. This graph will show active sessions incrementing during the test's ramp up phase.
- A session is deemed active once it has reported into the Login VSI server that it is testing
- Scaling will typically be linear.
- If there's either a lull in active session scaling or there are incrementally longer gaps in between active sessions, recommend investigating:
- Licensing issues
- Delivery, connection server and brokerage load
- Roaming profile storage load
- Load-balancing settings
- VM host load
- Dynamic resource rescheduling settings (DRS or WLB)
- An example of conventional linear scaling:
- An example of non-linear scaling:
- Note, this is not necessarily a problem; for example, 1) if caused by dynamic resource load balancing/scheduling deliberately being enabled, or 2) if caused by session ramp-up phasing (refer to more information on phases here)