When using the CSV file functionality, the Login VSI Launcher Agent fails to hide the password in its logging and console output.
When using the CSV file functionality, the launcher agent expects the password to be contained within the CSV file itself. Furthermore, the launcher agent expects the password to be encrypted.
To ensure that the CSV file you are using has an encrypted password, please follow the steps below:
How to encrypt the password
- Open the Login VSI Management Console
- Go to the Test Setup > Connection tab
- Click the "set" button next to the password field
- Enter your password in both fields and hit "save"
- Retrieve the encrypted password from the Password= field under [Launcher] in \\server\vsishare\_VSI_Configuration\_CurrentTest\VSILauncher.ini
All versions of Login VSI 4 up to and including 4.1.25